Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie 'devastated' by Andrew's arrest | News UK

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are reportedly distressed following Prince Andrew's arrest, highlighting the familial turmoil and public scrutiny they face.

Unknown Author

3 min read
0

/

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie 'devastated' by Andrew's arrest | News UK

TL:DR – Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie ‘devastated’ by Andrew’s arrest | News UK

  • Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie are reportedly “in a state” following their father Prince Andrew’s arrest on his 66th birthday for misconduct in public office.
  • The arrest, conducted by plainclothes officers at Sandringham, relates to new allegations from the Epstein files.
  • Both daughters and ex-wife Sarah Ferguson are reportedly in turmoil, with sources calling the situation “catastrophic.”
  • King Charles emphasised that “the law must take its course” regarding the investigation.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie ‘are in a state’ after Andrew’s arrest | News UK



Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie during a visit to the Teenage Cancer Trust unit at University College Hospital, London.
There has been no official word from Beatrice, 37, or Eugenie, 35, after Andrew was arrested yesterday (Picture: Aaron Chown/PA Wire)

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s two children Princess Beatrice and Prince Eugenie are said to be ‘in a state’ since their dad’s arrest.

There has been no official word from Beatrice, 37, or Eugenie, 35, after Andrew was arrested at his Sandringham home on his 66th birthday yesterday.

Plain-clothed police officers arrived on the estate to take the former Prince into custody on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

It comes after more allegations about Andrew’s behaviour arose from the Epstein files, including telling the paedophile financier sensitive information.

He has always denied the allegations.

Sign up for all of the latest stories

Follow UK News’s blog for live updates from Andrew’s arrest

But his two daughters, along with his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, have reportedly been left in turmoil.

A Sandringham source revealed Fergie is expected to celebrate Christmas there with her ex Andy, their two daughters and their husbands Credit: INSTAGRAM Prince Andrew, sarah ferguson, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie family group Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor
Sarah Ferguson has reportedly been left ‘in turmoil’ along with her two daughters (Picture: Instagram)

One source has described the investigation as ‘catastrophic for her and her girls’.

Where is Sarah Ferguson now?

Sarah has spent a few days in the French Alps with friends and has since travelled to the United Arab Emirates.

The source told the Telegraph: ‘She seems to be doing her best to put a brave face on it.

‘Her desperation for money was clear stupidity but does that equate to what she’s going through now?’

Sarah has not officially been seen in public since September last year, when she was photographed last year,

She was living with Andrew at Royal Lodge in Windsor despite them being divorced for 30 years,

Buckingham Palace reportedly were not given any prior warning the former Duke of York was going to be arrested – the first senior royal to be detained in modern times.

FILE - In this file photo dated Friday, April, 29, 2011, Britain's Prince Andrew, center, and his daughters Britain's Princess Eugenie, left, and Princess Beatrice leave Westminster Abbey at the Royal Wedding of Prince William to Cathgerine Middleton, to become Kate Duchess of Cambridge, in London. Prince Andrew said Wednesday Nov. 20, 2019, that he is stepping back from public duties with the queen's permission, saying that recent disclosures regarding his association with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein have become a ???major distraction??? to the royal family???s work.(AP Photo/Gero Breloer, FILE)
Andrew with his two children Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie (Picture: AP)

King Charles said in a tough statement that ‘the law must take its course’.

He said: ‘I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.

‘What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

‘Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.

‘As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.’

Comment now

Comments

Add UK News as a Preferred Source on Google

Add as preferred source

Responses

    Sarah Mitchell·

    Great article! This really puts things into perspective. I appreciate the thorough research and balanced viewpoint.

    James Anderson·

    Interesting read, though I think there are some points that could have been explored further. Would love to see a follow-up on this topic.

    Emma Thompson·

    Thanks for sharing this! I had no idea about some of these details. Definitely bookmarking this for future reference.

    Michael Chen·

    Well written and informative. The examples provided really help illustrate the main points effectively.

    Olivia Rodriguez·

    This is exactly what I was looking for! Clear, concise, and very helpful. Keep up the excellent work!

Stay Updated

Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.

No spam, unsubscribe at any time.